FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:44 am
NYCRuss

Originally Posted by ostornadoe1
I'm in an interesting (and good) position with regards to Chase and want to hear some thoughts. For the past ~2 years I've kept my apps across all banks to only business cards, with a few personal cards thrown in there. Last month I had pre-approval on the CSP (3 new personal accounts + 1 Ink+ in the past 24 months). I applied and got instant approval.

I currently have the INK+, 2 Freedoms, and the CSP with Chase and a combined $30k credit exposure for Chase. Maybe $20k exposure with other banks because about a year ago I closed all cards that were not fee-free. My reported income is ~$55k.

Is that to much exposure? I don't mind lowering credit limits, especially on the Freedoms because I only use them for 5% cats and the only MS opportunity I have is grocery stores.

So, I've been trying to decide if I want to apply for another Ink+ that I have a targeted snail mail code for, a SW personal +Biz if I can swing it, PC one of my freedoms to the new FU, or try for Personal + Biz Marriott.

I transfer my URs to Southwest. I have ~60k Marriott points and no other hotel points. I do have ~150k AA points in reserve as well. I only fly about twice per year due to limited vacation plans, so although I love SW, the CP isn't my goal, but would be a nice little bonus to make the SW points go a little further.

What are my chances of getting a 2nd Biz card through Chase? Thoughts, or a different strategy? I've been trying to calculate some different valuations, but it's been quite difficult, especially if I only end up being approved for 1 chase card and not a combo.

Currently multiple MS opportunities that I still have available.

After I max out my opportunities with Chase I will move on to other banks, like Citi AA (18 months almost up since closure), perhaps Amex + Citi HH. Maybe some BOA cash cards.

Lots of info, so sorry and congrats if you read through it all!
Chase does not seem to care about exposure with other banks. My last Chase approval, a few months ago, was with credit lines at other banks equal to three times my reported income.

Someone posted that Chase is limiting their exposure to about 60% of reported income. Not sure if this is true because my last approval got me to slightly over 60% of my reported income. Also not sure if business cards factor into this.