FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:08 pm
fr33b13

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Breakfast is good - again, in one of my other comparisons, it's not SGS/LRM Shanghai good, but pretty solid.

For me this one is all about location - easy w/the Roissybus to/from CDG, near a bunch of different Metro lines.

As for the hotel itself...you're paying 20K points for a pretty mediocre experience, especially if you stay stuck in a base Wonderful room.
Originally Posted by SgFred
Completed my blog review for my stay in April.

No suites were available for upgrade and platinum gift was used for breakfast (worth it considering the prices of food in Paris!)

Love the location and easy access to Metro

Just a small issue with dirty bowls during the stay and feedback was given via the post-stay survey.

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...6/w-paris.html
@UA-NYC @SgFred it looks like you both have had the breakfast at the W and the Westin. Which did you think was better food and selection?

Originally Posted by karenkay
We had a great stay here in June. Were upgraded after two nights in a regular room with no view to a "fabulous suite" (fantastic suite?) with a view of the opera house for our last three nights. The concierge staff was terrific, although we had to do our own researching for restaurants--they tended to recommend places that are tourist friendly, which is exactly not what we wanted. They speak excellent English (and german) and were extremely accommodating.

Rooms are small, which is correct for Europe, but well appointed. Location was awesome, close to the metro and easy to get around. I'd stay again in a minute.

Breakfast at the hotel was fine, although I'll echo others in noting that it's not an amazing spread, just a good one. It's a great deal on a multi-day stay as your platinum amenity, however! They might not volunteer it, but you can order eggs as well as part of your platinum breakfast. The service is pretty awful, even taking into account the difference between Parisian and American standards--when the barista is clearing tables in an empty restaurant instead of delivering coffee to a customer while said coffee cools on the counter, that's not good. As with a poster above, we had an issue with a dirty glass (not my husband's shade of lipstick)...but it was promptly rectified and they were very apologetic--frankly I wish they'd made as big a deal about getting hot drinks out promptly.

We used uber to get around--days before the strike--with mostly great success. We both loved the hotel, and I wish I'd booked our last night in Paris here as well instead of close to the airport after our three week European jaunt. Would have been worth fighting traffic to have had one last night there, even without an upgrade.
Did they tell you that the total breakfast with the hot eggs was part of the free Platinum amenity? Reading older posts led me to believe the free Plat breakfast only included pastries and cold meats.

I am trying to decide between W and Westin in Paris and I think it's going to come down to what I get for the free Plat breakfast