FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on the decline of SQ First
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:41 am
OnTheCentreline

vantage 03 quote: "I completely agree except on one point, and that's unfortunately in regards to the cabin crew being "universally exceptional". Some are still incredible, but some are just lazy."

There is some merit in this post:

My thoughts? Well the last four sectors flown in suites class were very different: (first sector short haul, second long haul) were magnificent. Crews attentive, food terrific, hard product functional. The return (third sector long haul) crews great, food so, so and hard product tired. Fourth sector (short haul). Crews diabolical: poor welcome, sloppy service, appalling food (sent back uneaten) making the investment in suites class questionable.

I think the greatest risk to SQ F-class is the grand service we received when flying on a later trip on the new 777WN service (C-class): great hard product, good crew, nice experience and value for money.

However, as seasoned travellers, we all know it’s risky to base an opinion on a couple of trips – you are always going to get some variance. However, my partner, once a rusted fan of SQ F-Class, is now questioning my logic in supporting (read paying) for that ‘apparent’ privilege in SQ F-class.

A data point: we have at the Private Room (SIN) requested buggy service to the gate, especially if it required a long walk and have always been accommodated by the friendly PR SIA gate angels.