FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on the decline of SQ First
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:47 am
vantage03

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
SFO777, I completely agree except on one point, and that's unfortunately in regards to the cabin crew being "universally exceptional". Some are still incredible, but some are just lazy.

I fly SQ F regularly, as recently as yesterday A380 SYD-SIN. The catering is revolting, more often than not (yes, sometimes it's great, but rarely), and the ground services are annoyingly bad.

SQ was once known for their consistently good crew, I feel up front this has changed. Some seem disenchanted. I'm not going to speculate about cost cutting, but there just isn't always the pride that there once was.

I also think Changi is a crappy airport and totally overrated, but that's subjective and most disagree. I'd rather HKG any day of the week.

TPR matches Changi perfectly; it's terribly dated, with crappy food and zero ambiance. Again, overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate SQ F, I still fly it... It just isn't consistently good, like LH for example.

I still fundamentally believe the thing everyone hates about flying is the ground experience, and LH is the airline that's mastered this at their home ports for premium travelers, and this trumps most things for me.