FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - February worth a visit?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:31 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
February worth a visit?

Thanks to the Great AA Devaluation of 2016 I spent most of the rest of my miles to get to BKK next February. Now I need to figure out what to do about a return trip to get home.

I had been considering a return to Singapore which I like a lot, but I've been there twice already. In poking around a bit I thought Seoul might be a decent choice. I have about 43K KE miles thanks to their US Bank credit card. And could source plenty more via a potential SPG transfer and/or UR transfer. Since KE allows one ways and stopovers it would cost me 95K miles in F class from BKK to IAD with a stopover in Seoul. This seems like a good value to me.

So, after that long intro, my question is whether the consensus would be that it's a good time to be in Seoul (mid-late February). According to the weather site I consulted it will be cold of course. This wouldn't be a huge issue except for the fact that I will be in the tropics of Bangkok immediately before which could complicate packing.

I've never been to Korea, but it's been on my list for a while. And I really dig Korean Indie music and CNBLUE. I'd probably spend about a week there. Worth doing, or just pick some place else tropical instead?