FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iceland Air Saga Class – Affordable way to fly transatlantic in business class
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:15 pm
gkbiiii

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks for this extremely useful report, Carfield! Really, one of the most useful TRs I've seen.

The info and impressions you provided are great in terms of: a) detailing an inexpensive way of getting to Iceland or across the Atlantic in a relatively comfortable (though clearly not luxurious) way, and b) warning us of the deficiencies in the service, so as to keep our expectations realistic.

In addition, I hadn't known you could accrue Alaska miles on Iceland Air.

Despite the deficiencies, I could see considering Iceland Air down the line.

+1 in a big way. View this more as something like a American carrier's domestic F product for something like a cross-country trip, and it looks at lot better.

Even this could be somewhat appealing, given the better legroom (by sitting kind of sideways) and shoulder room that comes with Comfort.

It sounds much like Alaska's Domestic First, which also comes with Lounge Access and much the same meal.