FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entebbe: tips, tricks, recommendations
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:31 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
Stimpy, you sound like you know the region. Could you spend a few minutes talking me through this?

I would need to stay in either Entebbe which looks quite peaceful or head to Kampala. What are the transport options to Kampala and prices? What are some good but safe places to stay? Help a confused traveller.
I'll try, but I'm a business traveler who never checks bags, so my situation is different. I usually stay at the Sheraton Kampala and they pick me up from EBB for around US$25 or 30. But the Speke hotel is right across from the Sheraton and probably a lot cheaper. Those are two good choices if you want to be right in the center. There are many, many vans, taxis and buses going between EBB and Kampala all day and night. I try to fly in and out of EBB at night to avoid the traffic on the road to/from Kampala. Or Sunday mid-day is usually fine. But as Johan says above, if you don't need to go to Kampala, maybe it would be best to avoid it due to congestion. Personally I like the town though and have never felt unsafe.