FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:43 pm
Superorb

Originally Posted by AspiringWorldTraveler
You just need your PNR for the CX flights - get that by calling the AA call centre and requesting the CX PNR. Then you can switch the seats online. IIRC the basinet seats are the ones that are blocked and need to be phoned in for, but for any other (the "non-premium" position in the first class cabin) you can select them online.

When is your flight? How were you able to secure two seats in F on same flight?
I only got 1F and 1J for that HKG-JFK flight. I'll keep a lookout for another F seat.

Originally Posted by Dr.milology
Does anyone know if it is possible to take a voluntary down-grade for a ORD-HKG-BKK segment from F ito J if initially the segment is booked in F? The reason I ask is because I am trying to book two tickets in F for 2 people for their honeymoon. I can only get one ticket in F for the entire trip, so I was going to book them both at the F award price (because of the devaluation) with one person in J from ORD-HKG. Naturally, they do not want to risk sitting apart for this trip, so if another F seat doesn't open up later, they would still like to sit together in J.

Alternatively, I could book them both in J for ORD-HKG, and F from HKG-BKK, and call if 2 seats in F open up later for the ORD-HKG segment. Any advice on which is best option or best chances of getting F the entire trip? Seems like J would be easier to find later on.
Yes, you can do this. But, in order to swap from F to J there has to be an available J seat for that flight.
Originally Posted by RedElmo
So sad. AA use to allow stopovers.

United still does!
23 hours 59 minutes would give you almost a full day in the city.