FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rotterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:10 am
nldogbert

Hi,

Just had a 1-night stay over the weekend at this property. It has been like 2 years I have not been here, the last time was when they just started with the renovation.

Was upgraded to a Jr. Suite (already upgraded when I did online check-in) which coincidentally is the same room that BotB reviewed (room 602). Since I did earlier have a problem with the rate - I did get an apology note in the room besides the welcome note. I had set up in the room 2 bottles of water and a bottle of wine with a cup of mixed nuts. (am not sure which would have been the real diamond welcome gift - if any).

Offerings in the lounge (in the former breakfast room) - was good - they had for hot item a mix of the Dutch snacks (mix of frikandel, croquette, etc). If you are a small eater - I would say that you could have made a small meal out of it.

From the room design point of view, I really liked it - it was my cup of tea- I really liked how they mixed the different structures and colours. (I would not mind decorating my own place like this ).

I had breakfast in the lounge - I did not bother to ask if I could also have it at the restaurant - as the offerings in the lounge (although categorized as continental) contained the normal hot items (minus the sausages, mushrooms and other full english items) which was ok for me.

I would say it was near perfect stay - only item if I had to complain would be during check-out. The chap checking me out seems inexperienced and without telling me anything, just stated that they will charge everything to my card on file - which I had to question what they were charging (city tax as the room was prepaid) and did not even inform on the value to be charged.

With the recent flash sale - i was planning maybe another night later this year - but noticed that prices are now above the 80 Euros mark even with the 35% discount. Not that impressed.. seems the rates are increasing every year - before renovations I remembered you could still get rates around 60 Euros.

Off-topic: For food, in the same area as the Food Lab (still need to try), on the opposite site of the 'Station Hofplein' area, there is also this nice restaurant cum cafe cum bar 'Bird restaurant/cafe' which had some really good and affordable food and some interesting wines - if you are early it's ok, but later it got really packed.

Last edited by nldogbert; Mar 14, 2016 at 3:32 am