FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maximum Status Credits - RT or One Way Flight
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:28 pm
Platy

Originally Posted by pooker

Are there any flights that you have flown where you have gotten more than this for a bus flight?

Thanks
CNS-BNE-PER-BME-PER-BNE-CNS earning 400 status credits in business class: I managed to do this during a double status points promotional offer to make 800 status credits.

Luckily that was in the good old days of any seat marginal awards when everything was fair and simple to the customer (now reversed so things are fair and simple for the airline) so the whole trip cost me 72,000 points plus the usual taxes.

The opportunity cost was one night in a BNE hotel and one in a PER hotel, plus, of course several nights of relaxation in the Cable Beach Resort, plus humouring my travelling buddy by agreeing to do some birdwatching on the local mud flats in 40C plus heat!

...(presumably you know that if you are US based and want to boost your QF status credits, simply consider weekends away in the Caribbean or Central America booked onto AA's cheap "first / business" class fares...example: HNL-LAX-MIA-BGI-MIA-LAX-HNL earns 760 QF credits for about USD1500-USD2000 and sometimes you can get the cheaper fares even when forcing stop overs using the multi sector booking interface)