Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Maximum Status Credits - RT or One Way Flight

Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President

Hi All,

Just out of curiosity -

What is the maximum status credits flight , one way, or round trip?

I regularly fly business from US to Perth and get 200 from DFW to Syd - 80 from Syd - Per and around 20 flying bus from somewhere in the US to DFW, so around 300 status credits for a one way, 600 for RT.

Are there any flights that you have flown where you have gotten more than this for a bus flight? I know 1st will generate more credits.

Just curious

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It is by "flight" - number, point to point.

It used to be distance based but Simpler and Fairer has made it rather unsimple.

The most SC's that can be earned for a single "Flight" is 420 for a First class "Flight" from East coast Australia to East Coast USA.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 13, 2016 at 3:50 am
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
SYD/MEL - LHR will earn more for example.

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyn...alPointsEarned
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...status-credits
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by pooker

Are there any flights that you have flown where you have gotten more than this for a bus flight?

Thanks
CNS-BNE-PER-BME-PER-BNE-CNS earning 400 status credits in business class: I managed to do this during a double status points promotional offer to make 800 status credits.

Luckily that was in the good old days of any seat marginal awards when everything was fair and simple to the customer (now reversed so things are fair and simple for the airline) so the whole trip cost me 72,000 points plus the usual taxes.

The opportunity cost was one night in a BNE hotel and one in a PER hotel, plus, of course several nights of relaxation in the Cable Beach Resort, plus humouring my travelling buddy by agreeing to do some birdwatching on the local mud flats in 40C plus heat!

...(presumably you know that if you are US based and want to boost your QF status credits, simply consider weekends away in the Caribbean or Central America booked onto AA's cheap "first / business" class fares...example: HNL-LAX-MIA-BGI-MIA-LAX-HNL earns 760 QF credits for about USD1500-USD2000 and sometimes you can get the cheaper fares even when forcing stop overs using the multi sector booking interface)
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by nux
SYD/MEL - LHR will earn more for example...
The maximum earn for any single Flight with Qantas frequent flyer is 420, including east coast OZ to Europe.

I used to regularly earn 520 SC's for AKL-xMEL/SYD/BNE-LAX rt in Business class.

Last decade, with a 20 segment DONE4 (oneworld around the world fare in business) I earned ~2300 SC's ... that was before these were reduced to max 16 segments and "Simpler and Fairer".
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: QF SG
I just booked LHR-SYD return in J for 1050 SC (costing about 3500).

The full route is LHR-MEL-SYD inbound and SYD-BNE-MEL-LHR outbound. I'd already intended to book a return flight in J to SYD for work, but late last week I received an email from Qantas offering a 50% status credit bonus on all new QF bookings this month, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to add in a few extra J legs (for almost exactly the same price). It was 700 SC without the bonus. If everything works out as planned, the bonus should be just enough for WP.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by pooker
Hi All,

Just out of curiosity -

What is the maximum status credits flight , one way, or round trip?

I regularly fly business from US to Perth and get 200 from DFW to Syd - 80 from Syd - Per and around 20 flying bus from somewhere in the US to DFW, so around 300 status credits for a one way, 600 for RT.

Are there any flights that you have flown where you have gotten more than this for a bus flight? I know 1st will generate more credits.

Just curious

Thanks
Given that SCs are earnt per flight sector, then it is the total number - and lengths - of sectors that make up the flight that will determine the total number of SCs, regardless of whether the flight is OW or RT.

As to whether any particular Business Class route would beat 300 SCs (600SCs return), I've recently been pricing various J options to the UK. The best I can come up with is a MEL-BKK-MEL return coupled with a BKK-MAN return.

MEL-SYD-BKK (QF)
BKK-HKG (CX)
HKG-HEL (AY)
HEL-LHR/MAN (AY/BA)

Netts 400SCs oneway at around or 800 SCs return for about AU$7000 (I'm sure someone else could come up with cheaper).

Regards,

BD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.