FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada plans to refurbish 18 of its 777
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:24 am
chriskayTO

Flew in one of the new 773 HDs this week from YVR-YYZ in Y - was completely unimpressed except for the IFE - which is a huge improvement.

Boarding was super slow since there were 450 pax - even with 4 gate agents. It didn't help that YVR was experiencing computer problems at the time. I'm curious how fast it would have been otherwise.

It was a full flight, and you could really notice the narrower seat, and when you recline the seat pan moves out and pushes your knees into the seat in front (at least for me at 6'2").

I was in row 19 (2nd row of Y) and they ran out of hot meals by the time they reached me.

Pax were constantly inadvertently setting off the FA call buttons located in the armrest. Most of the time the crew didn't even bother to respond.

Lavs are much tighter - about what you'd see on a Q400 or CRJ, but perfectly serviceable. I liked the touch-free faucets. Never too much of a wait, though I can imagine on a long flight it could be tough.

I guess bottom line is I can't imagine being on this AC in Y on a TPAC flight. I would definitely spring for premium economy or J.

On the plus side, I think I'd still pick this bird over the A320s on this route - at least it's easier to move around the cabin and it does feel roomier overall.