FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K agent fell asleep on phone last night
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:00 am
ORDFlyer33

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
1K agent fell asleep on phone last night

I booked a ticket which I had to cancel right away because the website seems to have issues displaying the correct fare class in certain situations (booked W outbound and selected W for return however ended up with L/W after the purchase). This occured after I changed the return date when viewing the return options. I changed from 5/1 to 5/2 and was shown a economy (flexible) fare that was a W but that seemed to change the outbound from a W to an L.

Cancelled the reservation online but instead of a refund (to CC and travel cert), I was given a flight credit. Thought it was odd but could work with it since I was going to buy this ticket soon. I went to the inactive reservation and clicked on change flights. The search would not work to return certain fare classes (w,v) that I put in - always returning a low fare class (L). Choosing flexible fare I was only given B fares. Additionally, it showed a $300 change fee!

So I pick up the phone and call UA. I get a new (to me) automated greeting saying something about the 1K desk and the agent name. The agent spoke a little and I told her my issue and gave her my Conf#. She was a little incoherent and seemed to be slurring her speech but I rolled with it. She was having trouble bringing it up and asked for the Conf# again. after a min, again some incoherent words. After about 5 minutes I ask if there is a system issue and if I should call back, I got some mumbling about the system was slow. Again a long period of silence finally broken by light snoring. I listened as this got louder as time went on wishing I had some ability to record this. I hung up and called back this time getting a wide awake agent who was able to force a refund.

Last edited by ORDFlyer33; Mar 9, 2016 at 9:29 am Reason: spelling / shorten