FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best transportation method from IAH to HOU
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:59 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Even as moderator of Budget Travel I'm not sure I'd suggest that. Those buses run through some sketchy neighborhoods, and even I would probably would not take them at night.
Originally Posted by cur
i have no idea what you mean

i'm white collar and i took this bus into downtowntown every two weeks for a year and pocketed taxi per diem. comfortable bus, smooth ride, air conditioned to s--- and while not on time, it was extremely reliable

yes the 102 goes thru gunspoint but the third worlder in me scoffs at thinking taking metro in a first world city is dangerous and not to be suggested, especially in a budget traveler forum...i'd love to take you for the best breakfast tacos and ice houses
I'm a fan of taking Metro home from a long trip when I don't want to leave my car in parking (and arriving during the day ). The IAH Express is anything but express because it takes you on an ~45min-1hr tour of the ghetto before it hits I-45. After that it's easy, I hop on the light rail, then get on a bus that drops me 1 minute from my front door. For $1.25 it can't be beat. It's tough to take the 102 to the airport because it has questionable on time %s and doesn't run super often.

The 102 inbound to downtown is usually occupied by harmless low wage workers commuting to downtown or the med center.