FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This week in TSA history starting January 1, 2016
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:04 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I have posted before that I think he is one of the 'good apple' TSOs.

That said, if he's worked checkpoints, he's seen thousands more interactions between pax and TSOs than I have as a somewhat frequent traveler. So it beggars belief that he could suggest that he has not personally witnessed any of the behaviors we complain about on here or that others complain about elsewhere. It seems statistically improbable and equally unlikely when talking about a TSO who also is a spotnik/BDO, suggesting that he should be particularly focused on pax and interactions.

I have tried to take him to task for the manner of his posting. We have many lurkers - I was one myself for quite a while before I posted, and some folks never do. When <deleted> posts, as a TSO, about certain things, naive travelers have to keep in mind that <deleted> can only attest to what happens when he is working at a particular checkpoint at GSO. It may or may not reflect what happens in PHX or LGA or ORD - and more often than not, it does not. GSO may be the 'perfect' airport, but unfortunately, I don't fly through there, so I need to filter anything he posts.

He says he would not have confiscated my nitro pills. He does not say that he is certain that no one else at GSO would have confiscated them. He also is at odds with the way the rules (supposedly the same SSI rules) were interpreted by multiple TSOs, LTSOs, STSOs and a suit when my pills were confiscated.

In that respect, it's no different than me reminding someone posting about Delta all the time on the UA forum that what happens on Delta doesn't really give me valuable insight on how things are done on UA.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 26, 2017 at 2:10 pm Reason: Privacy / Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post