FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:59 am
SteveF

Originally Posted by GateLouse2
We had pre printed boarding passes which caused no access problems to the terminal at at - 3 hours 45 mins.
If coming from the Taj Mahal Palace I would allow two hours, although at that time of day you should be able to do it in less
Printed the boarding passes in the hotel lounge and headed for the airport at 09:00 (quiet day on the roads). Arrived 45 minutes later, so 3.5 hours before the flight. No issues at all getting to check-in desks, which were most impressive; sitting on sofas while someone else did the job for us (the only time that ever happened to me before was at Bogota in about 1990 when my company was worried that I may get shot or kidnapped if I waited in line ). Straight through fast track and into the lounge in about five minutes.

The lounge itself was very nice; lots of comfortable places to sit, nice view of the planes and the food area looked nice, as did the bar, but we didn't fancy anything to eat having had a massive breakfast in the Taj a little earlier. Then came the fun part...

I went to the gents; two cubicles and four or so urinals (I didn't bother counting), so capacity of up to six depending on the nature of the visit . Clean and fine. Then my wife went to the ladies and came back about 15 minutes later. Beyond the entrance door there was one cubicle , one wash basin and a number (five I think) of not very happy ladies waiting in line. Oh and an attendant who went into the cubicle after every visit for an inspection . Due to the large queue there was not room to do whatever else ladies do in rest rooms, but I think has something to do with hair and make-up or something . So, unless there were other female facilities in the lounge that she didn't find (and the attendant said that there were no others), an entirely bonkers arrangement in a brand new airport lounge. How does something like that get through the planning process .