FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:44 pm
bobert24

Originally Posted by bobert24
Data point:
I decided to take one for the team and give it a try. Last card converted around Christmas.

Applied & approved 2/17. Used the "other cards you may be interested in" link generated when checking for pre-approved cards on citi's website. Letter arrived today - no mention of the bonus. I'll hope & pray for the bonus tracker, but I'm not holding my breath.

A few things worth noting:
- I've got an old approval letter right here, and when comparing them side by side, I notice that both bullets under "Make the most of your card" are different, not just the one mentioning the 50k miles. Maybe there's a tiny chance that they just sent a different form letter? (Old letter: 50k miles & no FTF. New letter: free checked bags & 2 points/dollar spent on AA.)
- Like several of you, all of my recent Citi applications have required calling in - not to recon, just to "finish processing the application." Recently, they've been taking 15-20 minutes on hold, with the rep coming back every 2-3 minutes to ask me to wait another 2-3 minutes. During this call, I was able to get a little more info out of the rep: because of my "multiple accounts with them", my application required a signature. I assume that's from a manager. Either way, my app definitely didn't slide through under the radar.
Update: No bonus tracker. Oh well. Citi has been far more than generous to us. This just makes my decision to give them a break for a while a little easier.