FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:12 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Hi I am working on a couple of award tickets to the Patagonia region from SAN. Ideally, I would like to fly into Ushuaia and fly out of Balmaceda. When I put in these two airport codes on BA.com, I get messages saying BA and the partners do not serve these airports but I do know that LAN has flights in/out of these airports.

My questions:

1. If seats are available, would I be able to use my AA miles to book award tickets into USH and out of BBA?

2. Should I stick with AA flights or try for LAN flights out of LAX.

Many thanks.
You might look into using award miles to get to EZE, SCL or ? and either buying local flights or using a oneworld Visit South America Pass (minimum three sectors, zone based, etc.) I'm not familiar with the product myself, but passes can offer savings to purchasing flights by themselves.

"Book as many flights as you like with your oneworld Visit South America Pass (minimum three flights), using the services of American Airlines, British Airways, LAN, Qatar Airways, TAM and their affiliates.

Simply confirm the first segment of your itinerary when you make your booking and enjoy the flexibility of leaving your remaining segments open-dated."

https://www.oneworld.com/flights/sin...-south-america

Or call AA, though it's always easier to find awards first and then call.