FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I get seat assignment on an Air Canada Flight booked with United?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:54 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Absolute
Keep in mind that if you're using UA status, the only thing it will give you on AC is the *G extra baggage allowance. You can get access to E+ at boarding (we call them Preferred Seats)... if you pay for it.

AC doesn't even give their lower tiers free access to preferred seating, and especially not on a Tango fare.
I have gotten E+ seats at OLCI repeatedly on W or higher fares.

Originally Posted by Howste
I just bought flights on the UA website including flights on Air Canada. I don't have the option to select Air Canada seats on the UA website. Can I select them on the Air Canada website? If so, how?
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
VERY unfortunately if you purhcase AC on UA you cannot go to their website and chose seats you have to do the absolute horror of CALLING AC for seats. I have stopped flying AC becuase of the extreme long holds on their phone network for seats. Good Luck! Bring a meal to the phone.
Called 2 weeks ago to get seats on a resi with a schedule change; now a 789 ^ Took less than 5 minutes to get this done including hold. Considering I have no status w/ AC I think 5 minutes is not a terrible wait.

Agreed that AC needs to fix the seat selection on non-AC tickets, but it is not that difficult to get them assigned