FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:48 am
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by BXIAN
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I called and tried to rebook BCN-Madrid-PHL, but since the first leg is Iberia, AA won't allow me to do so without coughing up more miles."

How many more miles, and why? BCN-MAD-PHL should be bookable as a single award.
So I am still not sure why AA would totally cancel our flight and refuse to allow us to fly home BCN-Madrid-PHL at an off peak time (November) unless we cough up 10,000 extra miles per ticket (which we are not willing to do ). We are traveling to BCN to take a cruise. I'm on the cruise critic roll call for our cruise. At least 3 others have reported difficulty rebooking their return trip to PHL after originally ticketing awards on the same non-stop return flight to PHL as us (which was cancelled). At least one of the individuals was never even notified of the cancellation by AA-my Cruise Critic post alerted them. We are not on a group tour-all of us booked our awards independently. One other person spent 5 hours on the phone with AA trying to get a flight home after the BCN-PHL non-stop was cancelled. Can AA appeal to a liaison at Iberia to open up 2 Saver seats (and how would I request this as a non-elite)? If not, should I complain to the Department of Transportation about the BCN-JFK_LGA_PHL routing? or do I risk having our business class seats on the BCN-PHL flights disappear if I complain. I have had schedule changes with other airlines. All except AA have been accommodating.
Any award seat that AA can book on IB is a SAAver seat; AAnytime seats are only available on AA metal. BCN-MAD in Y costs 10K miles as a stand-alone SAAver award. Perhaps IB is only making those seats available as a stand-alone award, and not as part of a TATL (the reverse of a married-segment issue).