FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brazil arrests American Airlines pilot over obscene gesture during security check
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:02 pm
jk5598224

Programs: CO Gold (RIP UA), AA PLT (2MM), MR PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
This was a joke question right?

Well I am not wearing rose coloured glasses as some Americans reading this may be.

If I did the same thing after my insane THREE HOUR WAIT at Dulles last week there would be more than a fine. There would have been cuffs, FBI, TSA, Special Forces and the Marines 'helping' drag me away you can bet. A whole squadron of them.

Not long ago a few shaved head goons in jungle camouflage greens would have been be pointing a loaded M-16 assault rifle in either ear just to be sure.

Think about it.

Brazil is simply doing what the US chooses to do with impunity to anyone that the Americans deem to be the slightest bit suspicious or a "risk". And when they look in the mirror they do not like what they see.

Make an obvious light hearted joke about a hand grenade in your carry on and be prepared to spend the next 24 hours tied to a chair with bright lights in your eyes etc.

The US are so busy looking at telling OTHERS how to run their security (Rod Eddington has said BA had TWENTY TWO different US agencies demanding their pax manifests on the much publicised cancelled LHR-IAD flights!) that they let folks walk thru the same Dulles security with a pocket full of live bullets this week, headed for LHR. See Virgin story from early this week.

It is like a bad Monty Python script.

Go read up about the Fall of the Roman Empire folks.

You can p!ss off and bully the entire world for just so long. Then the world will jump up and bite you on the .... Ask Julius Caesar.

</font>
Here Here and 3 cheers!! This is one 'American' who is disgusted to be an american and living in america with the era of Bush/Ashcroft.