FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will having meds cause problems at UAE customs?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:46 pm
CodeAdam10

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Yeah, they're in the pharmacy bottles. They have our names and the dr's info... but the thing that has me worried is that I'm the doctor. For basic stuff like my wife's birth control and my hair loss med, I'm comfortable writing it myself. I hope this doesn't raise major red flags at the airport. Should I just not declare it upon arrival?

Looks like I'll leave the Party Smart at home. What about vitamins and stuff like that?
Well self-prescribed meds can't go well if questioned ... whether here or abroad

In all seriousness, you should be fine. I recently traveled to UAE (twice) with my family and between us combined we had prescription sleep pills, ibuprofen, anti-depressants, vitamins, OTC Tylenol, cold medicine, Pepto-Bismol among some other stuff probably and we didn't declare anything as it was personal use and minimal quantities (enough for the trip and unforeseen delays) in their respective bottles which has all the needful information listed on it including the pharmacy contact info. I didn't feel nervous nor did I feel they were being overly strict (or, strict at all) with tourists.

UAE is certainly tough on drug trafficking at a bigger level ... just watch The Ultimate Airport Dubai on YouTube