FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal trip to Chicago...
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:28 am
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
1. Taking the Blue Line from ORD to Downtown Chicago generally safe? Or, only best to take it at certain hours?
The Blue Line runs 24-7. It's generally safe, but I probably wouldn't get off in the Loop and walk several blocks to my hotel at 3 am. Then again, I wouldn't walk alone at night in most major cities. No obvious safety issues, but I'd use common sense. Also, the first train car contains the conductor's booth and if you're worried about being on the train with sketchy people you should choose that car.

2. Love steak and can't wait to have a Chicago style ribeye in Chicago! How does it compare to NY's? And, what are some of the best steakhouses to visit.
I'm not a serious steakeater, but my fiance is and Bavette's is our favorite. Make a reservation far in advance on Open Table. I believe you can sit at the bar to eat without a reservation, but you might want to double check that.

3. Will be staying in the Downtown (Chicago River) area and any recommendations to visit (aside from the obvious top 10 Trip Advisor suggestions)?
Interests? We could suggest a thousand things. You might want to peruse the other threads in this forum because it's a question often asked and answered.