Personal trip to Chicago...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal trip to Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: MP
Many excellent suggestions in this thread. Hope I get to try them out next time I'm in Chicago area.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I, for one, do not even begin to understand the obsession with Three Floyds, but that's just me.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I, for one, do not even begin to understand the obsession with Three Floyds, but that's just me.
Yep, beer is definitely subject to personal preference. In the category of hoppy, full-flavored beers (or whatever category you choose to use ), Three Floyds is one of the best brewers in the US. But it's certainly not for everyone. And for me, it's not a beer I want to drink every day.

As far as obsession goes, I don't understand why anyone would be obsessed with any beer, but it still does.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the many wonderful suggestions!

Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the wonderful suggestions and recommendations on this thread.

After couple of trips where I had some personal time, I've got to say that love Chicago and its people. Unlike NY, everyone is so friendly! In every sense, it is truly a world class city that I'll visit often whenever I have time.

The architecture, museums (was there for the Van Gogh exhibit), Chicago symphony and steaks were incredible! All world class. Tried several of the steakhouses recommended and my favorite has to be the dry aged Ribeye from David Burke's. Being a lifelong steak enthusiast, I prefer Ribeyes medium rare. I think Chicago makes a better ribeye than New York, if only only because all the steakhouses prepared the ribeye medium rare (without having to be instructed), slight on the medium side to bring out the full flavor of the fat and marbling.

Have an invitation for a Cubs and Bears game and can't wait to return! Also, wanted to visit the Museum of Science and Industry, but was way too crowded! Going to have to visit it during an off season.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Yay

Originally Posted by Visconti
Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the wonderful suggestions and recommendations on this thread.

After couple of trips where I had some personal time, I've got to say that love Chicago and its people. Unlike NY, everyone is so friendly! In every sense, it is truly a world class city that I'll visit often whenever I have time.

The architecture, museums (was there for the Van Gogh exhibit), Chicago symphony and steaks were incredible! All world class. Tried several of the steakhouses recommended and my favorite has to be the dry aged Ribeye from David Burke's. Being a lifelong steak enthusiast, I prefer Ribeyes medium rare. I think Chicago makes a better ribeye than New York, if only only because all the steakhouses prepared the ribeye medium rare (without having to be instructed), slight on the medium side to bring out the full flavor of the fat and marbling.

Have an invitation for a Cubs and Bears game and can't wait to return! Also, wanted to visit the Museum of Science and Industry, but was way too crowded! Going to have to visit it during an off season.
So glad you enjoyed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.