FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:12 am
epaairnow

Due to current uncertainty in W/WE churn...question on targeted offers

Due to the last six months of so of the World to World Elite opportunity, haven't needed to ask this question. I know the wiki states that the existing cardmember rule (18 months) may be ignored by Citi for targeted mail-in offers that have no mention of an 18 month stipulation. A family member in my household has the 60k offer mailer and I see no 18 month language.
Only this language: If you are an existing Citi/AAdvantage cardmember, you are not eligible for this offer on your existing account.

Does this mean that even though my last World card is still a World card...I have hope of getting this bonus offer...or do I need to wait for the card to convert to World Elite---which for Citi's purpose is a new product?

I used the a similar mailer for my wife's #4 card and was successful, but #3 had already converted to WE. I have another month for the mail-in offer expiration, and hopefully my #4 will be converted by then - and I will go for it of course. If it doesn't convert by then and I still have a World - any thoughts on the chances of success for this "no 18 month" language on this mailed offer? Wanted to see if anyone had a recent World only card and was successful with a mailed targeted offer.