FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:40 pm
qs933

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up a 1-day rental. National is on the 4th floor of the parking garage. Emerald Club members can go straight to the booth on the 4th floor.

There were some interesting picks on both Emerald and Exec:

Emerald:
- 2016 Altima 3.5 SL (first time I've seen anything other than an S)
- 2016 Charger R/T
- Several 2016 Altima S
- Several Malibu Limiteds

Exec:
- 2016 300C (first time I've seen a C at HNL)
- Couple of Challengers
- 2016 Subaru Legacy (still a PCAR )
- Couple of Jeep Compasses & a Patriot
- Couple of Subaru Forresters
- Nissan Rogue

In the Premier section, there were:
- 2016 Volvo XC60
- 2014 Mercedes Benz ML (SUV)
- 2014 Jaguar XF

Next to the VIP stalls were vehicles held for specific reservations. I saw another Volvo XC60, a 300C, a Grand Caravan, an Impala, and an Acadia.

I had a Standard SUV reservation. The Acadia was for my reservation -- it was a 2016 SLT1 model. I'm glad I did a walk around before driving off, however, as there was a huge scrape and paint transfer on the bumper extending to the right front fender.

I went back to the booth and the agent brought his supervisor to inspect it. The agent thought it was pretty major; the supervisor said as long as it's in the computer, it'll be OK when I return it (which was my main issue). They were both willing to assign me another vehicle -- except they didn't have any other standard or better SUVs immediately available (the Volvos were apparently reserved).

I was OK with the Acadia as long as I had the damage noted. The supervisor then went to a bunch of keys and said he was going to find something else. About 5 minutes later, he brought up a Grand Cherokee Limited with 1,000 miles on it. I didn't need to seat 7, so it was a perfect substitute.