FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:38 am
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What is not speculation is that several people who very recently applied with the 4d link have been denied the bonus. So I put a warning in the Wiki about specifically that. With so many links to choose from, I see no problem in at the very least pushing people away from 4d right now.

If we find it's more widespread than 4d, then we can revise that. But we now have multiple datapoints from people who didn't get the bonus recently, and all of them so far seem to have used 4d.

Another speculative possibility to consider: Could Citi now be checking to see if you used the same link as you did before to get a bonus, and if so denying the bonus based on a repeated link use, as a workaround to the W->WE loophole? If that is the case, the problem may not be 4d unless you used 4d before, but it seems most people did that too, just using 4d out of habit every time.

So perhaps don't just avoid link 4d, but try a link that you've never used before (pre-approved / suggested by Citi, or else at least a recent link from the AWAyn/TRAVELn/MILESn group)?

Could you explain how to get the Awayn/ Traveln link . Google was not helpful

I have used 4 D 2 cards ago and the preapproved link to apply last time . In the event this loophole is still alive would like to use a totally different link .