FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:13 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Although I am keeping an open mind about this growing trend towards the use of private jets for air transportation, I believe that the industry is still too nascent for it to warrant its own forum...

...however, I would consider combining private jet travel with air taxi services such as SeaPort Airlines, of which there are at least seven discussions — such as this one — peppered around FlyerTalk.

Those airlines offer travel without some of the hassles normally associated with commercial airlines — such as having to go through an airport security checkpoint and paying for parking as two examples.

Other airlines which could potentially belong to this growing category could also include Surf Air, ImagineAir, Southern Airways Express and JetSuite.

The combination of private jet transportation, air taxi services and other unconventional methods of traveling by air could reside in a forum called Alternate Air Travel or something similar to that......and I completely agree with this statement as to where this proposed forum would possibly be located on FlyerTalk.
Other categories for consideration for inclusion might be charter discussions, catching rides on corporate aircraft (some people do), medevac, voluntary / charitable flying of patients to medical treatment and surgery (notably Angel Flight) and Angel Flight West, etc. Those private pilots among us might even be able to wangle a thread or two there.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 21, 2016 at 9:29 am