FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB / airberlin "Air Berlin" award issues (by 28 Oct 2017 winds down ops)
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:43 pm
abcx

Yeah, what the f*** is going on. I want to book TXL-KEF on AB but see no award space on either AA.com or BA.com. It is available on AB's website.

I did some tests by checking the TXL-ORY route (since TXL-KEF is not checkable on Qantas.com).

- It is available on AA.com, BA.com, QF.com up till Apr 30.
- It is wide open on QF.com beyond Apr 30. But no award space shows up on AA.com or BA.com for any date after that.

Previous threads report BA and AA availability on AB drops off a cliff around Mar 5 or Mar 30. It looks like that is now Apr 30.

I don't understand what the hell is going on and why QF still has access to space but BA and AA don't.

I would like to book an award to KEF in June using AA miles (not from the US) before the Mar 22 devaluation and this really throws a wrench in the works. KEF is hard enough to get to as it is.

I know people have gotten the OneWorld liaison involved in the past. Can someone help?! Clearly we are all in the same boat...