FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Eva business class using United miles
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:37 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fone
I'm looking at getting 4 RL tickets, thru a combination of redemption via BR miles as well as SAUA via UA/A3 miles. These will be one way YVR - TPE - SIN. I do not have enough BR miles for a 4 tickets. Do redemption and SAUA book into different class?

From this thread, since married segment is not allowed, I'd have to either book the upgrade ticket for 2 separate tickets or with stopover (since 1 way redemption does not allow stopover, I'd need to book 2 separate awards). Will there be that much redemption / SAUA slots? I'm looking to book 1 year in advance.
The YVR flights are on old 747s...hardly worth the upgrade, these are old style recliners and not the Royal Laurel service. Everything will book into Z class, even though BR agents will insist the inventory is different, it really isn't - but have a TA or BR book the tickets for you with fare constructions that do not include married segments - this can be done on one ticket so you don't need to bother with multiple tickets, but the fare will be higher as it will break at TPE to show one fare YVR-TPE and another TPE-SIN.

Consider looking for dates the 777 operates from SEA (it does not operate everyday, sometimes they sneak the 747 back) and tacking on a YVR-SEA segment on AS to get the right aircraft....and a potentially lower fare. Also remember YVR-Asia is on fire sale right now, so if you are paying in US dollars you can find some stellar paid-J deals on various airlines including UA.