Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Eva business class using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

No Eva business class using United miles

I had been able to book Eva business using US airway miles last year for trip from SFO to TPE however since then Eva air have joined Star Alliance I have not been able to see ANY business class on Eva airway using United awards.

Eva airway however have been releasing Business class seats for SFO-TPE for their members but can not see it on United website and the United representatives can not find any within the next 10 months out.

Any help would be appreciated because I do have a trip coming up in about 6 months or so but the date of travel is wide open. Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K
They release seats to Star Alliance about 14 days out.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gmid2006
since then Eva air have joined Star Alliance I have not been able to see ANY business class on Eva airway using United awards.
I would say for a good year EVA was opening seats to partners way before T-14.

Like many partners like CA have started following the T-14 plan.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've certainly found BR business class on UA's search engine. The only thing you can't book with UA miles is premium economy.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I've certainly found BR business class on UA's search engine. The only thing you can't book with UA miles is premium economy.
Can you give me a date where you found Business class on Eva air?

I have searched from Sep 1 all the way out to Dec 20 and saw nothing.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Obviously would be T-14 because they will no longer show T14-365
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:23 pm

Can you give me a date where you found Business class on Eva air?

I have searched from Sep 1 all the way out to Dec 20 and saw nothing.
I don't keep a log of past searches, sorry.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:37 am
jmw

Then it didn't happen or you mistakenly thought UA C was BR C. There isn't any space available in C with BR when greater than T-14.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: United Plat
I had been able to book Eva business using US airway miles last year for trip from SFO to TPE however since then Eva air have joined Star Alliance I have not been able to see ANY business class on Eva airway using United awards.

Eva airway however have been releasing Business class seats for SFO-TPE for their members but can not see it on United website and the United representatives can not find any within the next 10 months out.

Any help would be appreciated because I do have a trip coming up in about 6 months or so but the date of travel is wide open. Thanks
If you don't mind changing planes, there are SFO-LAX-TPE award seats on 10/24 and 10/31. SFO-LAX is on UA economy. LAX-TPE is EVA Royal Laurel.

When EVA joined *A in 2013, I saw many EVA biz class award seats on United.com. Lately it is difficult to see such seats until 14 days before departure.

Depending on your United premier status, you can always book something then switch to EVA later. October is not a busy time for SFO-TPE travel. If you wait, you are likely to find an award seat, especially on days EVA operates 3 flights from SFO to TPE.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfo3388
If you don't mind changing planes, there are SFO-LAX-TPE award seats on 10/24 and 10/31. SFO-LAX is on UA economy. LAX-TPE is EVA Royal Laurel.

When EVA joined *A in 2013, I saw many EVA biz class award seats on United.com. Lately it is difficult to see such seats until 14 days before departure.

Depending on your United premier status, you can always book something then switch to EVA later. October is not a busy time for SFO-TPE travel. If you wait, you are likely to find an award seat, especially on days EVA operates 3 flights from SFO to TPE.
Thanks. I just didn't know that Eva wait until 14 days before release the Business seat. I will probably wait to see as the date gets closer.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
Then it didn't happen or you mistakenly thought UA C was BR C. There isn't any space available in C with BR when greater than T-14.
That has to be one of the more ignorant and baseless accusations I have seen on Flyertalk. I certainly know the difference between UA C and BR C and I never once said that it was more than T-14, my only statement was that I've seen BR C available plenty of times when searching. The OP asked a ridiculous question about specifically what dates I had found it for, and frankly I don't know because I don't keep detailed records of such things. This reminds me of when someone was accusing me of lying about SQ C being frequently available T-7 (or less) for NRT-LAX, so I posted screenshots and they never said another word.

Just as a reference point, BR C is available from UA.com every single day in this week from TPE-LAX. A problem for me to use them however is they are very tight on award inventory in C (or even Y) between Tokyo and Taiwan so I usually end up flying OZ or NH, both of which are much looser with C and even F inventory.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
While BR may or may not only release award ticket inventory inside 14 days, they most certainly release *A upgrade inventory far beyond that timeframe.

It's almost criminal to blow that many miles on an award when upgradable BR B fares are so reasonably priced.
rerunree1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by bocastephen
While BR may or may not only release award ticket inventory inside 14 days, they most certainly release *A upgrade inventory far beyond that timeframe.

It's almost criminal to blow that many miles on an award when upgradable BR B fares are so reasonably priced.
+1. On some flights the upgrade inventory is pretty sizable.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
+1. On some flights the upgrade inventory is pretty sizable.
+1.

This is a good alternative to use the miles since the UA/UA and EVA/EVA upgrades are so expensive in comparison.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen

what is "reasonably priced"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.