FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WEB/PED enhancements you would like to see in 2016
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:02 pm
AKCuisine

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by beckoa
Aircraft swaps happen and I don't think AS will br able to concretely comply with your request. Yesterday my SEA-ABQ was upgauged to a 734 from a 73G. This was nice as I was able to secure an aisle in 17. However EF was still reporting the a/c as a 73G when looking at flight info/inventory search. A seatmap revealed it was a 734. I can't recall if AS updated the a/c type on the reservation. But I was able to get a better seat ^
Yes, aircraft swaps do happen. But the FlightStats app appears to have accurate and real-time updates on the specific aircraft (not just the type - the specific tail number) assigned for any given upcoming flight.

Information is usually available several days before a flight then gets updated with any changes. Here's an example I just pulled up for tomorrow's AS #96:

If a free, third-party app has access to this type of information, why can't AS update their app to include something as basic as the correct type of aircraft?