FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:03 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Answered my five security questions (and I agree, what a stupid selection they are). Not given any chance to update my password.

The next time I tried to log in, I couldn't get into the site because neither my pin (as per the new rules, so no surprise) or my password (now that's the surprise) accepted. So I go to "forget password," and in turn to the new security questions. But I get caught in a loop between two questions (favorite outdoor activity and first car, FWIW), but the questions keep cycling between the two whenever I answer one. In other words, I wasn't allowed to proceed further in order to get a password email sent to me.

Finally, called MP and fortunately reached someone without having to wait. He issued me a new temporary password, which I in turn used to establish a new password. So a solution!

But still a hassle in that even after logging into the site, I had to again enter my MP # and password to access My Account.
FWIW, I got a nice note from United Digital Insider asking about the specific problem I flagged here and my UA MP#, to try to address it. I suggested that they instead focus on doing something about the stupid identification questions they're using and the other website glitches.

It's nice to know, though, that they're monitoring this thread, presumably to try to fix the glitches. Kudos to them for that much.

I suppose that those experiencing more problems can contact United Digital Insider by first searching for them in the search box above and then pming them.