FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:20 pm
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by peroorim
From my experience, you will get lounge access only if you booked that specific award ticket with the TD visa you have.

I had a TD Aeroplan card but I paid the taxes for the Air Canada Aeroplan award ticket with a different card and the Air Canada and Lounge agents told me I can not access the lounge
Originally Posted by Clipper801
You don't need to pay for the taxes and service charges of the redemption ticket with the TD Aeroplan Visa in order to access the MLL. This is incorrect although AC staff is known in the past to frequently make up own rules rather than referring to the corporate policies and procedures manual. They definitely dislike anything that would mean extra works for them. The only thing required is that the ticket was redeemed from the Aeroplan account attached to the credit card and the member was flying, not someone else.
I agree with Clipper...it's NOT necessary to pay with a specific TD/CIBC Aeroplan Visa card to get the lounge access. There was a previous poster who said he paid with an Amex card, but when swiping a TD or CIBC card, he got lounge access. My own datapoint, from a page past, was that I booked my wife's ticket with my Aeroplan points, and I swiped one of MY TD/CIBC Aeroplan cards with my name and my Aeroplan number, and she got access to the lounge (i.e., the name on the boarding pass did not matter, though this may by a case of the lounge rep getting tired of swiping all my different cards).

Also, I don't know how to emphasize it with more clarity, but there is NO GUARANTEE that you will get access to the lounge, even if you DID use your ONE and ONLY TD Aeroplan Visa, with an AC metal redemption, with the Aeroplan accounts on the card+boarding pass, all copacetic (the same). I followed all these rules, but still got denied entry to the lounge, and this was after 5 months after opening the card, so not a case of being too new to have been setup in the system. I did complain to AC and they relented to my complaints and gave me two paper passes, as compensation. Later in the year, I tried the SAME card on another Aeroplan redemption...this time it worked.

This is why I hate the new system...there's no way to check ahead of time that everything is in order and that you have a valid entry credit on your card account within AC's systems, when it is swiped. Anyone think AC IT is braniac enuf to build such a system for us to use?? Not likely. BRING BACK THE PAPER PASSES!