FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:48 pm
Max M

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by travel4b
ORF-DFW (1206 miles)
Hmm... has AA shaved 7 miles off the route?? I ask because they last time I flew it at the end of December 2015, AA credited 1213 base miles for the route. The ORF-DFW flight is longer than DCA-DFW!

ORF-DFW (1206 miles; 3 hr, 46 minutes; departing at 6:55AM)
While it's blocked at 3:46, normally it's only ~3:15 in the air.

Is this normal??
For this route, sadly, yes this is what AA considers normal for food in F on the early morning ORF-DFW flight. One time we had a 2 hour delay on the early morning ORF-DFW flight, [due to an mx issue] and the pilot quietly purchased breakfast sandwiches from Starbucks for all the F cabin. Those that didn't regularly fly the route in F probably would have assumed the sandwiches were the norm-- and not the sad cereal option.

Surely they serve a hot breakfast.
I've been flying this route regularly in F since 2011.

In mid-2011, AA offered a cheese omelet, but dropped it by the end of the 2011. Over the years I've spoken to numerous FA's about the paltry catering, and repeatedly get told that there is no catering station in ORF, hence the lack of hot option. But AA *was* offering a hot option on the route before the end of 2011, and never offered it again. AA Customer Service claimed the change was due to lack of a catering station there, but yet, there is a catering company on site at ORF--- I pass it almost every time en-route to ORF. [the Catering company at ORF is local company, not LSG Skychefs--- which is probably the reason that AA claims there is not a caterer at ORF]

I would appreciate it if you would vocalize your complaint about your dissatisfaction about the lack of hot breakfast on the route to AA!

I vocalized my dissatisfaction with the lack of hot meals on the early morning ORF-DFW, and the complaint fell upon deaf ears--- and this was before DP took over the helm at AA. As someone that typically pays for F on the route, I can't justify paying more for F than what DL charges, and have shifted business to Delta, in part because of this not being addressed.

Last edited by Max M; Feb 15, 2016 at 10:57 pm