FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:30 pm
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Exactly. Why should you have to? That's what happens when you prioritize appearance over functionality instead of seeking a reasonable balance.
I guess its because you order the eggs at the table rather than stand in a queue . When in Queue you get the omelet on the plate you put everything else on but delivered to the table when you already have a plate of everything else means that a small plate can be easily placed whereas a second large plate requires reorganisation of the table to place it. Therefore I never notice as I just toss the omelet on the bigger plate. If the omelet was to be main course then I can see the plate size being a problem but I could then use the time that was spent not standing in a queue to just get a bigger plate along with some condiments.

For me their breakfast is one of the things of appeal for the hotel along with the Marvelous suites where I am quite happy to burn SNAs for my typical 4 - 5 night stays. My main gripe is the building next door that provides access to the BTS turns the escalators off on weekends and late at night.