FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:22 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I dont know if I would say the W has anything distinctly Thai. I really like the breakfast.
Oy, don't get me started. I thought that the breakfast here was awful. Not unlike everything else in the hotel, they seem to pay far more attention to appearances at breakfast than to substance. Take omelettes. The omelettes are made to a specific size and shape to fit precisely on the nice, curved omelette plates. A little too precisely. They fit exactly, but with barely ¼ inch all around the omelette to the edge of the plate. If yours moves around the plate a little when you cut a piece off, it's right off the edge of the plate.

Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Be honest doc! Remember the question was specifically about upgrade chances.

Answer this question.

Do you think that, on a daily basis, there are far more Platinums checking in then there are suites?

My experience is that the answer is an overwhelming yes.
I completely agree. But I also observe a number of anecdotal reports in the appropriate FT forums of people not receiving suite upgrades at checkin but being called by the front desk within a day or two to be offered a suite upgrade as one has become available. Personally, I prefer not to change rooms once I'm unpacked, and have only taken advantage of such an offer once, relatively recently, too.