FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:01 am
jpezaris

Originally Posted by lax2jfk2lax
Trouble is all my friends who are close to me could answer those questions.
Consider those questions to be "what is Password One?", "what is Password Two?" etc. As long as you can remember which answer goes with which question, there's no requirement for veracity. That's only a crutch to help you remember them.

At least that's the way it works for other web sites, I haven't tried loging in to my UA account yet, and from one of the responses above, it appears that they may have canned answers to select from --- that would defeat the basic purpose.

[ clickity clickity ]

Yup. I just logged in and had a look at the new page. UAInsider, it's a seriously short-sighted way to encode things. What if my first language is not English (it isn't), or I'm not fluent (thankfully, I am)?

Nevertheless, there is no requirement for veracity in your responses. You can still pick an arbitrary question / answer combination, as long as you have a good means for remembering them.

Last edited by jpezaris; Feb 13, 2016 at 4:14 am Reason: updated with more information