FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:11 pm
Ed Janowsky

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Well here's a new one. I used 4d to apply for wife's Platinum #4 (#8 between the two of us) but had to call in as usual. I prefer moving credit around as opposed to instant approval. It's worked very well for me more times than I can count, but not today. Before CSR Melissa would even seriously review this particular app she told me after putting me on hold the first time that she could see lots of other AAdvantage cards on this account and that there was no guarantee I'd get the bonus so did I still want to continue with this app. This has NEVER happened before, I told her yes of course I want to continue processing the app so back on hold I went. She came back telling me she needed more time so back on hold I went. The next time she came back to say congratulations Mrs J had been approved for the AAdvantage WORLD MasterCard with a $1500 credit limit. I asked about moving some credit around but she said she'd already looked into that and it wasn't possible.

Wow two firsts! A CSR saying the bonus may not be available before asking if I wanted to continue with the app, and secondly that moving credit was not an option? Perhaps an overly zealous but mostly powerless rep knew of the loophole and punished me as best she could? Who knows?

Time to SM Citi to lower credit limits.

I'll let you know what the welcome letter says about the bonus.
The welcome letter arrived today with the 50K bonus language. Good thing I risked continuing with that app.

EDIT: The account was applied for on 2/3/16 and opened on 2/5/16.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Feb 13, 2016 at 3:06 pm