FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:21 pm
SEA1K4EVR

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by ORDBound
Just got off the phone with United.

I made the changes this morning. This afternoon, I did the "Forgot Password" and was stuck in the security question loop.

I called Web support, the first response was essentially "You are doing something wrong"..So they tried and received the same answer. Told me an email will be sent when the issues are resolved.

No timeline. I asked what to i do in the meantime to make a reservation. "Call us and get charged a fee".

The mobile app lets me see my reservation, but once i try to to anything with it, I receive "United data services not available"
My Android phone installed a new version (2.1.5) of the United app yesterday which had a pop up window that said I needed to log out and log back in for it to work properly...I also was getting that "United data services" error message for a little while until I did that (although at the time I still logged in with my old PIN). I'd suggest that you update the app, logout and back in. It was fine after I did that.

One of the features of the new app version is to be able to change your password.. I just read that now..didn't pay attention yesterday.