FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Daily LAX-HND Service Feb 2016 w/ 787-8, applies DFW-HND
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:51 pm
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
If it's the same bag as the launch event last night, then everyone got something. Most people got a small Bluetooth speaker and a small branded bamboo box use to drink sake. Some got a more premium travel sac from Tokyo's tourism bureau that probably included inflight travel items...I didn't get a chance to get a clear peek inside.

Gate area had appetizers of fresh sushi, sashimi, uni with caviar, and roasted shrimp and beef; towards the end, the chefs were making custom hand rolls with the excess ingredients.

Was told that it was ~27 in J (probably had one more hop on in J before the door shut), including employees using their travel benefit, and ~85 in Y (with a couple of employees already seated in MCE). Loaded up very quickly, left 10 minutes early. Had one employee not make it into J, so opted to deplane and skip the trip.

Also note worth was that the flight was operated by N812AA/8AN, the newest 788 in the fleet. Was told this was the 3rd revenue flight for this airframe. Love that new plane smell.
I suspect once they can LAX-NRT, the loads will be better. Due to the impending US-Japan slots agreement for HND, there is a good chance this flight will become a daytime flight. If AA can operate LAX-HND daytime, they should consider putting an 77W on the route. I would reckon they would sell the front quite well, especially if they don't put the 77W on DFW-NRT.