FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:06 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
Doctor of Credit just reported that Chase will soon include co-branded cards in the 5/24 rule.
That worked so well with the CSP that they had to increase the sign up bonus to try to get someone to apply, since most people don't qualify anymore. So now they want to do that with all of their cards?

IF they do, a year from now I'll be down to just a Freedom and a IHG card from Chase. Nothing else is worth the AF, much less doing actual spend with it. Glad to get the heads up though, as I've been tending to put some spend on all of my Chase cards every month, just to keep on their good side. Now that they don't HAVE a good side anymore, there is no reason to spend on any of their co-brand cards unless I need to top off an account for an award.

What are these people thinking? AMEX went to 'once in a lifetime' and their profits have just been tanking ever since. Now Chase wants to follow AMEX into that tank.

So now my spend will go totally to Citi, B of A, and Barclays, all of whom are still letting me churn. I'm a good client if you reward me regularly. But if you decide to punish me for being in this hobby, don't expect me to spend $ on your cards.