FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:49 am
emes001

Originally Posted by Dylane
I applied for the CSP on Monday. I've received a lot of offers for this card in the past, have a FICO well above 800, and am far from being a churner, just have one credit card that I've had for about 8 years, so was expecting an instant approval...but instead got a 7-10 day waiting message. I didn't think too much about it until I came across this thread and saw that lots of people who got this message were later denied for the card. Since my current card is being transferred to another issuer next month, and I don't want that to happen, I needed to make sure that I was approved for a new card this month so that I can start transferring all my bills over to the new card.

So today I called in to the automated line to check the status, and that just said it was pending. Then I transferred to a live representative who checked and said it was in a 30 day pending period. I explained why I wanted to know sooner than that, and she transferred me to someone who was supposed to be able to give me an immediate decision, but that person took another 10 minutes to check my account, ended up telling me the same thing about a 30 day period, and then transferred me to another rep in an overseas call center. That rep did a bunch of things to confirm my identity, then went and talked to someone else for a few minutes, then came back and approved my application, but said that it would be two weeks before I receive my card. I tried to find out if there was something in my credit file, or other info that made this not a quick and automated process, but she couldn't tell me anything.

Have to say this wasn't a great first impression compared to my experience with Amex, where it seems that the first person you talk to almost always has the authority to help with whatever you need without transferring off to someone else.
They offer expedited services for their premium cards. Call Sapphire Customer Service (1-800-493-3319) and say "I'm going on a trip in the middle of next week and would really love to have this card to use on that trip." I did that on a Wednesday, with a trip on a Saturday morning, and they shipped it overnight on Thursday so I had it on Friday. I later received a duplicate of the card about a week later in regular mail that I'm keeping in a drawer (so I have a pristine one to switch out when this one gets too used). The second card was automatically processed by their system and sent out about ~4 days after my application was approved.