FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:02 am
Tofe

Originally Posted by Tofe
Applied for SW 'Premier' and 'Plus' last week on the same day. Called in and got the Premier approved with moving around credit. Called in a few days after for the Plus and got denied (at first CSR said it could be approved with moving around credit then he came back and said he was unable to approve it). Did a 2nd recon call today and it was a no go. At this point I am losing hope. Should I call recon again in a few days or just wait some time and re-apply? I am trying to get the SW Companion pass and it will be very difficult to achieve without getting the second 'Plus' card.
Well nobody has replied to me yet but upon reading some of the recent comments, do you guys think reducing the credit line of one of my cards (therefore reducing the overall credit extended to me by Chase) would help me in getting approved if I called back recon again? The CSR did say that Chase has extended the maximum amount of credit to me based on my income reported. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.