FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss train travel questions
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:06 am
blueferrari

Originally Posted by catandmouse
There is no need to reserve trains in Switzerland (except if you want special seats in tourist trains such as the Glacier Express). I have never reserved a seat for a train in Switzerland.
Connections are normal and plenty of people do them thousands of times each day. There's no need to get stressed about it. In the big stations (Bern and Zurich), the signage is clear and will point you in the right direction.
Even in a really big station such as Zurich it isn't going to take more than 5 minutes to get from one end of the station to the other.
the more I think about it, I think you are completely right!
the reason is just we are travelling together in a numbee and do not want to be seated nowhere near each other.

Originally Posted by Fireflyer05
Actually that distance is not as that far as you would think.
As you can see in the plan at http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/infras...rich-hb-a4.pdf, track 34 is in the underground, and track 10 is almost directly above track 34 on the surface, so you just go up two flights of stairs and you're done.
nice information there. I see that station map as well and after some internet digging I knew they are in different level, but don't expect that easy. thanks for the info.

I'll stop worrying things now and just see what will work out. thanks again