FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:55 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredc84
I've had my W card in hand for about 2 weeks. I was checking my account online on Feb 5th and saw that the word "World" was gone from the card description. I was happy about that (for obvious reasons) but was going to wait a while to get the next card (still trying to meet spend on current card). However, later that day I decided to look again and "World" was back. I definitely looked in the right spot and it WAS gone, so not sure what happened.

Just wanted to throw this out to ya'll.
Thank you for posting a very useful new data point!

That fits into the lengthy post sdsearch about the distinction between "intend" to convert, (the first sign seen online) versus the ACTUAL conversion. It is prudent to wait for the actual conversion happened and the new card has come before jumping the gun. While there are others who had succeeded in the post by jumping the gun, in the fresh data you posted, that could backfire badly should the "intend" or whatever the process, stops on its track, then you would not only waste a HP but also reset the 18 months clock!

In this pursuit it is always better to err on the prudent and patient side.