FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "LAX Flyaway Bus" Thread (2014 - Date)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:09 pm
IceTrojan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Hopefully, someone with more recent experience might comment. But, I have taken the Union Station Flyaway twice later at night, for redeye flights leaving between midnight and 1am. It was just me and the bus driver both times. The website says it takes 35 minute. That sounds about right to me.

Since Terminal 7 is one of the last (or the last) stop at LAX, it might be quicker to get off the bus at Terminal 1 and cross through the parking ramps to get to Terminal 7. Although, at 3:30am, that might not be necessary. I'd ask the bus driver. Unless new to the job, she or he should be able to tell you which option is quickest.

If everything goes right, I think you'll make it. The big unknown would be the train. If you're even a little late, you'll be up a creek without a paddle.
The failsafe plan should be Uber or Lyft, which should cost around $15 that late at night.

T7 is definitely the last stop. I would ask the driver right before they depart how many terminals will be stopped at, and take that into consideration on whether to stay onboard or get off at T1 to walk through the parking garages to get to T7.