FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AB / airberlin "Air Berlin" award issues (by 28 Oct 2017 winds down ops)
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:25 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by fly747first
Not direct, I meant in general. Unless it's an urgent work matter, I would take a connecting flight over non-stop on AB since its J product is quite sub-par.

Further, the OP did not state he was only interested in non-stop options, not sure where you got that from.
I didn't say the OP was interested in only non-stop options. Your statement was "AB isn't really a great airline, there are much better oneworld partners", and I was pointing out that yes, in many situations a direct flight does in fact have its own and very valuable utility. If it means the difference between two flights and 3 to get back to a US non-hub city then many people will give that a thought regardless of the product.

And the 4-across J product is really that sub-par compared to un-retrofitted AA aircraft, BA CW on old 747s, and the ancient 6-wide on the 340s that IB loves to pull out of the hangar without warning?