FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Botswana Safari Selection Issue
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:35 pm
Larkin

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Any opinion on the Sanctuary properties versus the Belmond properties? I have proposals for:

Belmond: Savute Elephant Camp, Khwai River Lodge, Eagle Island

Sanctuary: Chobe Chilwero, Stanley's Camp, Baine's Camp, Chief's Camp

The agent was in Botswana herself last month and has eliminated a number of properties due to poor game viewing as a result of the drought.
For game viewing in my experience nothing beats Mombo. Having said that I hear Chiefs is good too. We have been to a number of lodges in Botswana which we have really enjoyed but for game we felt Mombo was by far the best. Maybe that has changed with the drought? Don't know.

Of the lodges you mention I've only been to Chobe Chilwero. We liked it, but it was not our favorite. The rooms are very nice, but it is on the larger size ( I think about 15 rooms). One if the things I love about Botswana is the feeling of being out in the wilderness, with very few vehicles compared to many parts of Africa. I did not get that feeling at Chobe Chilwero. Having said that the rooms were very comfortable and we did see a fair amount of game! Just depends on what you are looking for on your trip!