FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keurig Alternatives? (pod-type, single serve machines)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:36 am
TheGooch

Originally Posted by exerda
In the US, the genuine Nespresso ones run 70 cents or so on average (differing a bit based on variety and quantity purchased IIRC). We unfortunately don't have many good, drinkable generic alternatives since Keurig is the leader here and Nespresso is a niche product for us.
I had a Nespresso back in 2010 and it tasted pretty bad. Since I like cappuccino's , I ended up by all kinds of milk whipping and frothing addons that did not really work.

I gave up cappuccinos for the convenience of Keurig of few years ago and have not found anything that compete with the convenience, availability, price, and variety that it offers. Just yesterday I used my Keurig to make coffee before work and hot chocolate to drink while studying computer science in the evening , which went well with the blizzard we were having at the time.

Think of what tools that I would need to use to make both if I was not using a Keurig.

However, if there is a reasonably priced matchine that I could just pop a capsule into, pour some water and milk in, press a button and out popped a frothy cappuccino , I would snatch it up in a second.

Until then, I think that we are best off with the Keurig.